Saturday, August 19, 2006

Stitch markers & Shopping

Its the 19th already and I'm not even slightly close to getting a stitch marker done! The markers need to be sent out by the 23rd and all I've got so far are lots of squiggly shapes wires that are completely exhausted from being bent every which way.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be and much more frustrating than I had even imagined...and now I have a much heightened sense of respect for all you wonderful stitch marker-makers. Check
these out, they're absolutely gorgeous and made me want to cry! Well another attempt shall be made after a strong coffee to steady my cracked nerves and shattered dreams. But don't worry...if my stitch marker swap pal is reading this...you will get your stitch markers, somehow!! =)

Alrighty then, I'm off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz, maybe he can help me...

I'm back and I found an awesome
tutorial that makes stitch marker-making look like a cinch. Wonderful stuff Laura! I was hoping to post some of my attempted stitch markers but my cellie doesn't seem to be in the mood for taking nice pictures. Ah...well some other time maybe...

20.08.2006 Stitch markers completed! Yes its finally done! Rather okay for a first attempt I must say and I sure am looking forward to making more.

Yesterday turned out to be super bargain day at a nearby mall. My only intention at first was stocking up on yarn for myself and selecting some funky yarn for my scarf swap partner but in the end, I ended up getting tons of goodies for myself at rock bottom prices! Now that's what I call Shopper's Luck! As for the yarn I got...definitely classified as funky! It's two skeins of the most beautiful fresh purple glitzy yarn! I absolutely LOVE it! I just hope my scarf partner likes it too. I think I better get another skein for myself, the squishy texture is delightful. I tried to take a picture of it, but it came out blue, so will leave that for later.

Then my second yarn purchase was two balls of deep purple wool to try out some felting. I think its 100% wool but then I can't read Japanese so I'm not pretty sure. Need to read up on felting to get started. Any tips would be appreciated.

The Lelah Top is on hold at the moment with all the work I'm swamped with, can't wait to get it off the needles to start the funky scarf and well to wear it of course.

Enjoy the new week everyone. Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Glad you presevered with the stitch markers. Mine are usually recycled beads with a ring, nothing fancy.